As an aperitif or with coffee. Recipe by Cati Pieras.
For four persons
4 sheets gelatine
200 g milk chocolate topping
100 g cream
300 g beetroot (cooked and diced)
salt and pepper
Flor de Sal d’Es Trenc Remolacha
- Soak the gelatine in very cold water. Melt the milk chocolate in a water bath or microwave with low power.
- Boil the cream with a pinch of salt and pepper, remove from the heat, add the beetroot and puree with a blender.
- Heat a small part of the cooked beetroot in a saucepan and add the gelatine leaves while stirring lightly.
- Add the rest of the puree and put the mixture in a square bowl about one centimetre high so that it can be cut into squares. Allow to cool for an hour.
- Cut the firm dough into squares, put in the skewers or chopsticks and bathe in the melted chocolate. Then place the skewers on aluminium foil or baking paper and put in the fridge.
- Sprinkle with Flor de Sal d’Es Trenc Remolacha before serving. The salt enhances both the taste of the turnips and the taste of the chocolate.